Sunday, December 5, 2010

Support Networks

 
While developing this, I realised that I have a limited support network. I am very greatful to my two sons who support me in the care of their sister who is disabled. Without their support, I would not have been able to achieve the small amount of formal learning I have achieved recently and I would not be able to undertake the training work I do .

Online communities are a great option for me to form networks and connect with people and I realise I should utilise these options to a much greater extent. I have been introduced to Communities of Practice which will provide current information, innovative ideas, opportunities to share and opportunities to connect and for discussion. I hope to fill gaps in my network through this medium.

Below is a review of a valued element of my support network.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing your mindmap here. It is a good first step to recognise the gaps and then you can be on the look-out for opportunities to fill them. Online connection is a great way to continue learning and sharing knowledge when you have caring responsibilities. The traffic is two-way though and your contributions to this course have been highly valued by the facilitators and other members of the course.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your comment. I'm working hard at this but feeling a little "disconnected" at the minute. This helps to get back on track.

    ReplyDelete